From tons of great web hosting providers, finding the right one for your small business website can seem like a tough task. Why? Hosting is not just the service you buy and forget. It is actually a tool that is highly responsible for the success of your business website.
First and foremost, hosting provider has to match your business needs - be affordable, easy for you to use, and powerful enough to run your website.
There's also speed and reliability that can make or break your website. So we tested and found the best hosting for small business providers. They all match these criteria and also provide the must-have tools for the success of your business.
Best Web Hosting for Small Business - the Best Providers
After multiple tests and evaluations, we picked the best small business hosting providers. All of them are fast, secure, affordable, and above all - have a bunch of tools to help you launch and run a website.
Here is our best web hosting for small business:
1. Hostinger - best web hosting for small business.
2. A2 Hosting - unlimited small business hosting.
3. Bluehost - WordPress hosting for small business.
4. GoDaddy - best small business-oriented hosting.
5. DreamHost - most reliable business hosting.
6. SiteGround - powerful user-centered web hosting.
7. HostGator - beginner-friendly hosting for business.
Let's see what each of them has to offer:
For small businesses looking for the most affordable way to host a website, Hostinger is the top choice. With the pricing starting below $1/mo, the provider is the cheapest on this list. And not just that - Hostinger is perhaps the fastest provider that we've reviewed.
With average response time barely reaching 100ms, Hostinger proves that cheap hosting can be powerful too. And you can actually achieve that anywhere around the globe. Hostinger has 7 server locations across 4 continents (North and South America, Europe, and Asia) so you can bring your website closer to the audience.
Nonetheless, the provider is good not only at pricing and performance.
Hostinger also has all the tools that make launching a small business website easy. It includes a simple set-up process, intuitive control panel with 1-click installs, and an easy website builder. Setting up a professional email account and managing domains is also easy.
So from the moment you register, you'll be able to not only set up but also make a website and manage it yourself. And should you have any questions, Hostinger also has a fast and very friendly 24/7 tech support.
Hostinger Plans and Pricing
Hostinger has 3 shared hosting plans. Each will fit different types of small business websites:
- The Single plan for $0.99/mo includes 10GB of disk space and 100GB of bandwidth. It's perfect for the beginning of your business - beautiful landing pages, functional business sites, and more.
- The Premium for $2.59/mo provides 20GB disk space and unlimited bandwidth. You'll also get a domain name for free. It's great for growing business sites that need more space to scale.
- The Business plan for $4.09/mo includes 30GB of disk space and unlimited bandwidth as well as daily back-ups, SSL, and a domain name. It's a secure option for rapidly expanding websites. It provides extremely powerful servers that will make even eCommerce stores load fast.
There's one thing though. Just like the majority of providers, Hostinger increases its pricing after the initial term. Our tip: choose the longest billing period possible to get the best pricing deal.
User-Friendly and Customizable Hosting
Hostinger has one of the most user-friendly custom control panels out there. Using the best cPanel practices, Hostinger has developed a streamlined panel which is easy for beginners to use and provides a lot of space for customizations.
In the panel, you will find auto-installers for CMSs like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and others. There's also an interactive website builder less experienced customers can use to build beautiful websites. You'll also be able to set up a professional email so you can represent your business better.
For more advanced customization, you can add domains, websites, configure databases, and enable Cache Manager for better performance of the website.
IP Manager is also a great tool. It allows you to completely block malicious IPs or spammers, so they wouldn't be able to reach your website at all.
All in all, Hostinger's control panel is no less functional than the original cPanel. It also adds more intuitiveness for novice users like small business owners that want to manage their websites themselves.
Hostinger proves that cheap hosting can be powerful and fast too. It's a platform that gives both beginners and pros everything that any small business would ever need.
A2 Hosting is focusing on delivering fast server performance to various different types of projects. Although small businesses are the ones that benefit from fast, easy to use, and affordable platform the most.
The provider includes unlimited storage and bandwidth even with the cheapest plan. This allows traffic peaks and content-heavy websites without having to pay extra.
It is also optimizing its servers for multiple platforms: WordPress and Drupal websites, PrestaShop eCommerce stores, and other CMSs. You'll be able to set up all that yourself from an intuitive cPanel using tons of one-click installs.
And by optimizing for various software, A2 Hosting ensures that you can get the best results - no matter your business type or what platform you use.
So, A2 Hosting combines ease of use with fast performance. It delivers all-round business solutions for users at an affordable price.
A2 Hosting Plans and Pricing
A2 Hosting pricing starts at $2.96/mo and it has 3 shared hosting plans for small business websites. All of them include unlimited disk space, bandwidth, an SSL certificate, and free site migration.
- The Lite plan for $2.96/mo is great for a single business website. You'll get 25 email addresses, 5 subdomains, and you'll be able to park unlimited domains so no one could use your business name.
- The Swift plan for $3.70/mo can handle multiple websites. It gives you unlimited email addresses for employees, unlimited databases, domains, and parked domains.
- The Turbo plan for $7.03/mo will fit high-performance requiring websites like online stores or content-heavy business websites. It includes A2 Site caching for up to 20 times faster performance and daily backups for security.
While not as affordable as Hostinger, A2 Hosting still offers one of the best values for its hosting packages. Combining fast performance and professional business tools, the provider is one of the best web hosting for small business choices.
Performance-Driven Web Hosting
A2 Hosting main focus is to provide powerful servers by optimizing them for different software specifically and giving users even more tools to increase performance.
To begin with, you'll get to choose a server location that's closest to your global audience. You can choose from 4 server locations across 3 different continents - North America, Europe, and Asia.
This decreases network latency making websites load faster.
Cloudflare CDN is also included with all plans. The content delivery network automatically delivers website content to global users through the fastest route. It also works to ensure security and reliability - your website becomes associated not with one but multiple server IPs and so preventing DDoS attacks.
The Turbo plan users also benefit from pre-configured A2 Hosting's caching service. It's a 3 layer cache that works on delivering HTML contents, cutting PHP page response time, and retrieving the most important MySQL database data faster.
Choosing A2 Hosting you get not one but multiple ways for increasing your site loading time.
A2 Hosting focuses on the best performance for global visitors of small business sites and various software packages. It also provides intuitive tools for setting up and managing websites.
Bluehost focuses on WordPress business users. It provides them with an easy to use interface, reliable performance, and a bunch of high-end features.
That includes a seamless website set-up process. You'll simply go through a checklist guide and have your site published in no time. This is especially great for small business owners who don't have resources to hire agencies to set up a website for them.
Also, 24/7 customer support via phone, email, and live chat is always ready to help both with advanced questions and web hosting basics. You can expect to get an answer immediately after picking up your phone or sending a message.
Bluehost is a great platform for businesses that want to launch their websites using WordPress. It is fast, secure, affordable, and completely user-friendly.
Bluehost Plans and Pricing
Bluehost has 4 plans to start and scale starting at $2.95/mo. All of the plans will include the essentials for small business - a free domain name and SSL certificate, as well as unlimited bandwidth.
- The Basic for $2.95/mo ($7.99/mo renewal) will get you a single business website with 50GB SSD storage. You'll also be able to park 5 domains. It is great if you're just getting started and need to build an online presence for your business.
- The Plus for $5.45/mo ($10.99/mo renewal) provides unlimited storage for an unlimited number of websites. It's a great affordable plan if you want to expand through multiple locales or host several projects.
- The Choice Plus for $5.45/mo ($14.99/mo renewal) - besides unlimited storage and bandwidth, also includes premium features like domain privacy and daily backups. It's great if you need more advanced security for your site.
- The Pro for $13.95/mo ($23.99/mo renewal) includes high-performance server hosting, domain privacy, daily backups, and a dedicated IP. It's a good plan for scaling, ensuring top-notch security, and hosting multiple websites, including eCommerce stores.
Bluehost tends to be tricky with its pricing (just take a look at the Plus and the Choice Plus plans) and putting all emphasis on the renewal pricing. So choosing the provider, stay aware of the standard industry tactics to increase pricing after the first billing period.
Polished WordPress Website Set-Up
Bluehost has perfected its platform to be as simple as it can be. You'll be able to get your website online even if you've never seen WordPress dashboard before. And you'll manage to do it in a day.
Using a checklist guide, Bluehost leads you through all the steps needed to publish a website: from domain propagation to choosing a theme and publishing your first post.
This is especially helpful for small businesses that tight budgets and hiring a developer is off-limits yet. Even beginner or novice users will be able to create a professional website with the help of Bluehost guides.
Bluehost also has 24/7 customer support available via phone, live chat, and email. And from what we saw in our Bluehost review, they are always ready to help with both advanced and basic questions.
Bluehost is a hosting platform that is completely user-centered. It provides the easiest way to build and run a WordPress site - an excellent feature for small businesses on a budget. But most importantly, it does not skimp on performance too.
GoDaddy is a true one-stop-shop when it comes to best web hosting for small business. It provides all the necessary tools not only for website hosting and management but also for marketing, SEO, and more. You'll be able to do it all using only one provider:
- Set up a domain name.
- Build and launch a website.
- Configure a professional email.
- Launch email marketing campaigns.
- Customize advanced SEO settings.
And that's probably not even all. GoDaddy has all the tools for business start, managing, and growth. While it is not the cheapest provider on this list, GoDaddy has everything you need to be included and top-notch performance alongside.
GoDaddy Plans and Pricing
GoDaddy is not the most affordable provider with 4 plans starting at $5.99/mo. However, all of the plans include everything you would need for a simple start of the website - 24/7 customer support, business email, and a free domain.
- The Economy for $5.99/mo allows 1 website hosting with 100GB of storage space - great for building an online presence for the business start and powerful enough to make a functional website.
- The Deluxe for $7.99/mo includes unlimited storage and websites for expanding your business into multiple projects or locales.
- The Ultimate for $12.99/mo will get you a more powerful server with 2 CPUs and 1GB of memory - a great option to scale.
- The Maximum for $19.99/mo will put all of your websites on the most powerful, 2 CPUs and 2GB memory servers. It's a good plan when your small business turns into something bigger.
All-in-One Hosting for Business
When it comes to the best web hosting for small business, GoDaddy has every detailed covered. It takes care of powerful servers, an easy website set up using any of the most popular platforms, email marketing, SEO, and domain names.
- To launch a website, you'll be able to use one-click installs of the most popular platforms and CMSs in your cPanel dashboard.
- Adding a domain is done with a simple 1-click setup process. GoDaddy is one of the biggest and best domain registrars - you'll find both cheap deals and premium domains.
- For security, GoDaddy uses 24/7 site monitoring and DDoS protection. You'll also be able to buy premium SSL certificates.
- To make your marketing emails look professional, you'll get a professional email account with your domain attached.
- To stay on top of your SEO game and bring more revenue for ranking high, GoDaddy has professional SEO services available for purchase.
As you can see, GoDaddy will make sure you have everything not only to launch a website but to make it successful as well.
GoDaddy is perhaps the best-known host on our list. It offers perfected hosting services to all business users. The provider combines powerful server performance and extra marketing and SEO features all businesses need to achieve success
DreamHost is a professional yet affordable business hosting service. The provider works on guaranteeing 100% uptime. It is a must for building your customer trust and achieving the best search engine rankings.
The provider will make sure that each of your visitors would be able to securely reach your website - at all times. It also focuses on server performance so the user experience is smooth.
Together with that comes premium features that are essential to all businesses. DreamHost includes with all of its plans a domain name and privacy, a website builder, and custom control panel to manage your accounts.
DreamHost Plans and Pricing
DreamHost has only 2 very affordable plans for business starting at $2.59/mo. Both of them include unlimited bandwidth, SSL certificate, daily backups, free domain, and even domain privacy.
- The Shared Starter plan for $2.59/mo includes 50GB of storage space for 1 website. It's a good plan to build a beautiful landing page or responsive website to represent your business.
- The Shared Unlimited plan for $5.95/mo includes unlimited websites and disk space as well as email accounts. It's a great option to scale, add more websites for different projects or locales.
Unfortunately, the Starter plan does not automatically include email accounts but the service is available for purchase. On a positive side, DreamHost does not increase its pricing after renewals, making it an affordable long-term option for small business.
Everlasting Uptime Guarantee
DreamHost is one of the few hosting providers that are able to offer 100% uptime guarantee. It even embraces it with generous compensations should there be any downtime.
Uptime is the major factor for the success of a business website. Especially if the business is relying on the website to generate revenues.
Downtimes can harm the trust of your customers, income, and even search rankings (if the downtime persists). By providing 100% uptime constantly, DreamHost aims to ensure that none of these will happen to you.
DreamHost is the most reliable provider in terms of uptime. It aims to make your website available at all times so you can build the trust of customers. Providing all business essentials, DreamHost is a great long-term business website hosting option.
SiteGround lures the customers using the best-in-industry customer support and streamlined user interface. 24/7 tech support is always ready to help the business owners who are busy building their business success.
Not only that - they will advise and provide tips for building, optimizing, and managing websites.
The platform also comes with optimizations for WordPress websites and professional email accounts. You can also build a website using an intuitive website builder. And to ensure the optimal performance SiteGround also has multiple tools.
The best part is, SiteGround's premium services come at an affordable price and won't skim the already tight small business budgets.
SiteGround Plans and Pricing
SiteGround has 3 plans starting at $3.95/mo.
Each of them has unlimited data transfer and all the essential tools and services for small business websites - SSL, email accounts, daily backups, auto-installer scripts for CMSs, and a drag-and-drop website builder if you want to build a site yourself without writing a single line of code.
- The Startup for $3.95/mo will host one website with 10GB of disk space. You'll be able to choose server location, get a free install of an eCommerce platform, and even build and ship the website to a client which is useful for small design agencies.
- The GrowBig for $5.95/mo provides hosting for unlimited websites with 20GB of disk space, as well as adds 3-layer caching service. It will fit growing business websites as well as design agencies that want to add multiple collaborators.
- The GoGeek for $11.95/mo includes 30GB of disk space, advanced customer support, staging, and connection to Git. It's the plan not only for scaling small business websites but also for those who don't want to spend thousands for hiring a developer.
SiteGround does not include a domain name in its packages and increases pricing after the initial billing term. So you can expect spending around $10/year for a basic .com domain and a price increase later on.
However, considering the features you get and the proactive customer support, SiteGround is worth every dollar spent on hosting.
Industry-Best Customer Support
SiteGround has expert 24/7 customer support you can reach via phone, email, or live chat.
We've covered it in SiteGround review in detail but in short, it's an example of how hosting providers should handle customers.
SiteGround's customer support is leading the industry in all aspects - it's fast, professional, friendly, and proactive.
For small business owners, it's like having a team of web developers that are ready to help at all times. That includes not only technical problems but advice on how to increase website loading speed or protect the website from getting hacked.
So if customer support is your top priority - SiteGround is an obvious choice.
SiteGround provides premium and advanced hosting services for the price that all small businesses will be able to afford. Not only that, but it also makes sure to help you manage your website with the friendly support.
HostGator is the most simplistic small business hosting option. For an affordable price, it provides users with an intuitive control panel, simple customization options, tools essential to business websites, and friendly customer support.
The provider aims to make hosting simple for everyone. This means simplifying the website setup and managing process so that business owners would be able to do it themselves, without the need of hiring a developer.
Doing so for an affordable price, HostGator remains a very smart hosting choice well-liked by many.
HostGator Plans and Pricing
HostGator has 3 budget-friendly hosting plans for business starting at $2.75/mo. Even the cheapest plan is equipped with unlimited storage and bandwidth. All of them also include business basics like SSL, email accounts and spam filter, latest cPanel and a drag-and-drop site builder.
- The Hatchling plan for $2.75/mo includes hosting for 1 website. It's a perfect plan to get your business online although HostGator supports even eCommerce stores with its cheapest option.
- The Baby plan for $3.95/mo will host unlimited websites and it's a great plan for when there's growth in traffic and website use.
- The Business plan for $5.95/mo, just like the name suggests, is a great business option. It includes dedicated IP for enhanced privacy and Positive SSL Upgrade for security. It also includes HostGator's in-house SEO tools to increase your search engine rankings.
As a promotion, HostGator also includes a domain name with every annual plan. However, the pricing after the initial term increases quite a bit, so keep that in mind.
Easy Websites with HostGator Website Builder
If you're not keen on learning the secrets of CMSs like WordPress or paying thousands to web developers, HostGator has a custom website builder.
A drag-and-drop website builder allows building beautiful websites by simply dragging, dropping, and switching elements on the template.
And HostGator has tons of responsive templates that will look good on any device.
This way, your customers can browse the website on mobile or desktop alike, enjoying the beautiful experience that you've created.
So alongside powerful web hosting platform, HostGator is absolutely beginner-friendly.
HostGator is a good option if you're looking for the simplest way to set up and launch your website. It provdes all business website neccessities in a simple to use platform for an affordable price.
The 5 Core Features of the Best Web Hosting for Small Business
Small business usually doesn't have an abundance of resources like budgets, technical skills, and even advanced knowledge of web hosting. So choosing the best provider becomes as difficult as finding a needle in the haystack.
Fortunately, there are 5 core features you can consider. They will help you decide which is the best provider.
#1 Web Hosting Costs
The cost of web hosting for your website consists of several things: hosting itself, domain names, and add-ons like SSL, backups, and others.
The most cost-efficient way for small business websites is to get all of that included in the total web hosting cost. In our list, you can get the full package for as low as $1/mo with Hostinger or even more features with DreamHost for $2.59/mo.
Unfortunately, small business websites often choose the cheapest hosting options later spending even more on essentials add-ons. So when purchasing your plan, count in the domain, SSL, and other features' pricing as well.
#2 Ease of Use
In order to avoid extra costs for hiring a developer, you can choose a user-friendly hosting platform. This way, you'll be able to set up, launch, and maintain the site yourself. Even if you've never managed a website before.
So to choose the most simple platform look at the following:
- Intuitive control panel like cPanel or cPanel alternatives.
- The easy walk-through set-up process for domain names, email accounts, etc.
- One-click installs for the most popular CMSs like WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal.
- Website builder if you don't want to learn how CMSs work.
If you'll get these features, with a couple of guides you'll be able to set up your own website and maintain it.
Fast loading pages are not meant to feed your ego but to make the user experience better. And it is also a factor for the search engines to rank your website higher or lower.
Google uses its PageSpeed Insights tool to rate websites according to their speed. And that will have some effect on how your site performs in search queries.
But it's not just that. Multiple studies show that users tend to abandon slow loading websites. Approximate time you have? Up to 3 seconds to keep bounce possibility to a minimum.
To make sure your host will do its part on website performance, check the stats of the constant website monitoring tool. You'll find the results in the table of each provider (FYI - Hostinger is the fastest at the moment).
#4 Website Reliability and Uptime
The difference between the standard 99.9% and slightly better 99.99% uptime guarantee is 39 minutes and 12 seconds of downtime monthly. This is how much more 99.9%-hosts allow themselves to put your website online.
Good uptime benefits small and any business website in a number of ways (most of which you can feel financially):
- It increases customer trust - you'll become a trusted business that's always available.
Customers are likely to use a service or an online store that is reachable at all times. Any downtime makes your website unavailable to visitors and therefore - not trustworthy.
- Your long-term search rankings won't plunge due to regular downtimes.
Google crawls websites constantly, so short and occasional downtimes won't hurt your search rankings immediately. However, if your revenue comes from exposure on search engines, it's important to keeps those downtimes to a minimum. Lost rankings mean lost revenues.
- Saves you money - you won't lose revenues because of downtime.
We discussed how much website downtime costs for business and the results were shocking. For instance, Amazon loses over $1.5 million per minute of downtime.
It is not possible to ensure 100% uptime due to force majeure, hacking, and other factors. But there are providers that do try to do that (DreamHost has 100% SLA) and those that keep their servers constantly averaging at 100% like Hostinger, A2 Hosting, GoDaddy, or HostGator.
#5 Good Customer Support
Alongside the user-friendly control panel, good customer support will act like your small personal team of tech specialists or even developers (check out SiteGround support).
This way you'll save time for not having to look for solutions to each problem. And it will save you money as well - you won't need to pay the developer's salary.
So to get the most out of your hosting, choose a provider with good customer support. Our recommendations go for Hostinger, A2 Hosting, SiteGround, and Bluehost - all of them are brilliant.
Best Web Hosting for Small Business FAQs
Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about the best web hosting for small business.
What Kind of Hosting is the Best for Small Business Websites?
Small business websites usually choose shared web hosting as the best solution. It's the most economical and often the cheapest option.
Although there are several other types of hosting including Cloud, VPS, and dedicated solutions.
So depending on the actual size of your business website, you may also consider Cloud hosting for the start. VPS is also great when your small business website starts generating larger amounts of traffic.
What Should I Expect to Pay for Small Business Web Hosting?
For small business web hosting, you can expect to pay as little as $1/mo and as much as $50/mo. Start-up websites and landing pages usually don't need a lot of resources to start, so the cheapest plans including a domain name and SSL would work great.
If your small business relies on the website to generate revenues, you may want to choose a more advanced solution. However, if you're not planning to build dozens of online stores on one account, you won't need to spend much more than $10/mo.
What Features are the Most Important for Small Business Web Hosting?
For small business hosting, the most important features are user-friendliness, good customer support, affordable pricing, and performance.
You should also expect to get a domain name and SSL certificate included. With all of this combined, you'll be able to easily build, launch, and maintain a website yourself.
Can I Host My Small Business Website For Free?
It is possible to host your small business website for free, although we would not recommend it. There are a couple of great free web hosting providers, but even they have limits.
The drawbacks you might experience using free web hosting include:
- Unreliable hosting service - constant downtimes.
- Poor server performance.
- No possibility to connect a domain name.
- No possibility to have an email account.
- Vulnerability to data breaches, loss of content.
Can I Migrate my Small Business Website to Other Web Hosting Provider?
You definitely can migrate your small business website to other web hosting provider. If you don't feel like you are getting the best results with the current one, switching providers may be a good idea.
And in fact, many hosting providers will do the site transfer for free.
Best Web Hosting for Small Business - the Verdict
The success of a small business website is hugely dependent on the hosting. A bunch of factors plays a role in it - uptime, server speed, ease-of-use, pricing, and others. We picked only those providers that score high in all of these categories.
So this is what the best web hosting for small business providers are best at:
1. Hostinger provides the cheapest reliable and very powerful hosting service that also friendly for beginners.
2. A2 Hosting provides unlimited resources for small business sites and tools for top performance.
3. Bluehost optimizes WordPress hosting both for the ease of use and the best performance results.
4. GoDaddy is the ultimate web hosting for business solution that includes all the necessary tools for success.
5. DreamHost provides the most generous 100% uptime guarantee and manages to maintain it.
6. SiteGround customer support is unmatchable and the provider is also user-friendly and fast.
7. HostGator is probably the most simplistic web hosting option allowing easy website set up and management.
What do you think? Share your experiences with us in the comment section down below!
Disclosure :Our reviews include affiliate links and if you choose to buy a product, you help support the running of this blog. However, we are not sponsored by any of the providers so we can keep our reviews honest and transparent. Read more...