What is FastDomain?
Back in 2005, a new name was introduced in the market – FastDomain. However, after being independent for some time, EIG (Endurance International Group) scooped them up. Now they are sister hosting providers to other popular brands such as HostGator, BigRock and iPage.
They offer simple hosting solutions for you. Obviously, they aren’t the best option for those who need higher-end services, but they are better suited for the beginners. However, the company offers shared hosting plans for more budgeted people who only need minimal support.
In this FastDomain review, I'll be testing out their services and see how they really perform. So, can they provide the service they boast about? Let's find out!
Services Offered by FastDomain
Unfortunately, FastDomain only offers a single hosting service for you. They have shared hosting solutions only. Thus, if you are looking for dedicated or VPS hosting plans you won’t be able to get it from them.
However, they do offer domain names and SSL certificates to help you jump start your website. And so, I’m expecting a great level of output from the shared plans because they don’t have to waste any resources fueling other services.
Now, let’s take a look at their pricing and plans in this FastDomain review.
FastDomain Pricing & Plans
At first, when I started to look into their shared hosting plans, I thought they only offered a single plan. However, I was wrong. The main homepage is quite confusing actually. When you want to know more about the hosting plans, you are taken to a page where they provide all the features they cover.
But you won’t be able to see any hosting plans separately. To find them, you have to go to the “Help Center” and then scroll down to find a post named “Shared Web Hosting Cost Comparison.”
After that, you will be able to see that they have two shared hosting plans and will be able to compare them for your benefit.
However, I didn’t really get the fact that, why they would hide away this information in the “Help Center.” It all seemed a bit shady to me. Nevertheless, let’s see what these two plans will offer you.
- Basic – This plan starts at $5.95/mo. Although, this is a discounted price and you will only get it if you go with their 2-year billing cycle. The regular pricing for this plan will be $8.99/mo.
- Pro – The plan starts at $15.99/mo. for a 36-month billing cycle. It won’t have many restrictions as the Basic plan does, however, the pricing is for one time only. It will follow the regular rate which is $25.49/mo. for auto renewal.
A Detailed Analysis of the Plans
Now that you know all about the pricing rates take a look at their features in this FastDomain review.
|Disk Space||50 GB||Unlimited|
|How many domains are allowed?||1||Unlimited|
|HDD or SSD used in servers?||HDD||HDD|
|Anti-DDoS protection||Yes (Paid)||Yes (Paid)|
|Anti-malware protection||Yes (Paid)||Yes (Paid)|
|Assisted website transfer||No||No|
|Auto-installer||Included (Mojo Marketplace)||Included (Mojo Marketplace)|
|Money-back guarantee||30 Days||30 Days|
|Customer support||Phone, Live Chat, Ticket||Phone, Live Chat, Ticket|
|Choice of server location||No||No|
|Free automated back-ups||Yes||Yes|
To better assess their actual performance I tested out their response time. Well, they scored a "C" with a below average response time. And so, I am utterly disappointed. Having only two plans, they should've performed a lot better than this. As you can see, they did a swell job in the USA and UK region but in Japan, their response time was pretty bad.
Other than their response time, they promise a 99.99% uptime. Still, they can only provide 99.92%, which is not what I expected. Anyway, let’s move on to the next section of this FastDomain review.
Pros of FastDomain
- Only Two Plans: Well, it could be an advantage or a disadvantage, but with FastDomain you won't be overwhelmed with the options. They provide simple and easy plans to choose from with a lot of features.
- Good For Entry Level Consumers: If you are just a beginner, then a simple solution would be a great way to start. FastDomain is geared towards simplicity. And so, they are perfect for beginners.
- Great Technical Support: FastDomain provides world-class technical support for their valued customers. Not even a single customer complained about them.
Cons of FastDomain
- Confusing Website: The website is of course to confusing. Finding the relevant information on it is a hectic job. In a world where people leave a website within seconds, a complicated website like this won't stand a chance.
- No Upgrading Option: FastDomain can be useful for startups, but if you want to grow your website they won't be the best choice. You won't be able to add any extra feature, and every plan has a fixed amount of resources.
- Below Standard Customer Services: Well, I had one of the worst experiences with their live chats. I asked the agent a bunch of technical questions about the plans. However, the representative didn't even know what he was talking about, and most of his technical information didn't make any sense.
- Absurd Pricing: Compared to all the features they offer FastDomain has some ridiculously high pricing plans. Moreover, you will find more features with better performance in far less pricing than them. This is utterly disappointing.
FastDomain Review – Is It Worth the Shot?
Well, the answer would be “No.” After reviewing everything I would have to say, they are a bad hosting provider with minimal performance. They might be a good option to start your engines but not the best option for the long run.
That’s why I would not recommend them. Thus, I’d advise you to look into more sophisticated hosting providers.
- Good technical support
- Simple, easy plans
- Great for beginners
- Below Standard Customer Services
- Confusing Website
- High pricing