What is ICDSoft?
ICDSoft started their journey as a software company. But after gaining popularity, they expanded their services to include hosting solutions in 1999. Now, they are thriving in the market with a lot of hosting solutions just for you.
Their original goal was to offer their services to any type of consumers. Small businesses to enterprises, ICDSoft can support them all.
Now they have over 100,000 websites hosted in 140 countries. That's why I'll be covering everything they have to offer in this ICDSoft review.
So, let’s get started.
- Shared Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Reseller Hosting
- SSL Certificates
- Domain Names
ICDSoft does offer a lot of services regarding hosting. However, there are still a few missing services, such as Dedicated hosting or Cloud hosting. In this ICDSoft review, I’ll be focusing on Shared hosting mainly as it’s the primary choice of any beginner.
So, let’s not waste any more time and jump right in!
Pricing & Plans
Their shared hosting plan is for Linux only and includes mainly two initial plans. However, the pricing and features change according to their servers. So, in total, they have five different plans. Let's see what they are:
The plan is for USA servers only. It will cost you $6/mo. However, the features are rather primitive and mostly limited. You will only get 1 GB disk space and 20 GB bandwidth.
The plan starts with $10/mo. However, it’s only for USA servers only. It will offer you 100 GB disk space and 1000 GB bandwidth.
Do you want your server to be located in Europe or close to it? Then this plan could be for you. This package starts at $8/mo. and it’s only for Europe based servers. Also, you will get 10 GB disk space and 100 GB bandwidth.
You will have to spend $10/mo. for this one. Additionally, it offers 100 GB disk space and 1000 GB bandwidth.
Business (Hong Kong):
There isn’t any Economy package for the Hong Kong servers. You will only get a Business plan with 100 GB disk space and 1000 GB bandwidth. Although it’s similar to other server features, still you’ll have to pay $20/mo.
I have to say; the pricing does feel to be a little weird - especially the increased rates for certain servers. I'm not sure why you'd have to pay double the pricing in Hong Kong when you are getting the same features as USA or Europe servers. This very could be because of different traffic costs in different countries, but we can't know for sure.
That being said - the renewal prices for ICDSoft are actually lower than the introductory ones! So you'll be able to save money if you stick with them.
And maybe the things you're getting for that money are actually completely worth it?
Let’s jump to our next section to find that out in this ICDSoft review.
A Detailed Analysis of the Plans
To better assess all their plans I’ve put together all the necessary information you might need. So, let’s check them out.
|Economy (USA)||Business (USA)||Economy (Europe)||Business (Europe)||Business (Hong Kong)|
|Disk Space||1 GB||100 GB||10 GB||100 GB||100 GB|
|Bandwidth||20 GB||1000 GB||100 GB||1000 GB||1000 GB|
|How many domains are allowed?||15||150||30||150||150|
|HDD or SSD used in servers?||SSD||SSD||SSD||SSD||SSD|
|Assisted website transfer||No||No||No||No||No|
|Money-back guarantee||100 Days||100 Days||100 Days||100 Days||100 Days|
|Customer support||Email, Ticket||Email, Ticket||Email, Ticket||Email, Ticket||Email, Ticket|
|Choice of server location||No, Only USA||No, Only USA||No, Only Europe||No, Only Europe||No, Only Hong Kong|
|Free automated back-ups||Yes (7-days)||Yes (7-days)||Yes (7-days)||Yes (7-days)||Yes (7-days)|
Here, we can clearly see that there are two types of plans - Economy and Business are different from one another, and the price tag in Business is determined by the server location.
- Solid Uptime: ICDSoft can provide you with 99.997% uptime, and you can monitor it from their website.
- Excellent Response Time: I tested out the response time to get a better idea about their performance for this ICDSoft review. They truly surprised me. With a response time of 175.5ms with a solid A+. However, you can see a slight drop in Singapore and Bangalore region.
- Different Server Options: You will get three different server locations to choose from. It’s a plus point if you want to target a specific region based consumers.
- 100-day Money Back Guarantee: Unlike others in the market, ICDSoft will offer you solid 100-day money back guarantee. Thus, you will be able to check them out for 100-days before fully committing to them.
- Costly Plans: All of their shared plans are costly. Compared to other great providers with lucrative features, the pricing here seems unfair.
- No Live Chat: I was truly disappointed when I saw there are only two ways to contact them – Phone and Email. They don't offer any live chat options, so you won't be able to ask a quick question here. You'll have to wait for them to respond via email.
- Limited Features: All of their shared hosting plans have limited resources. You won't get any "unlimited" feature from them. Every single attribute comes with a "limited” tag.
ICDSoft Review – What’s the Best Call?
ICDSoft looked very good at first, but as the saying goes - you get what you pay for. There's no free cheese in the mousetrap, and for good features, you need to pay a big premium.
However, they do have well-performing servers, but you can also get something comparable for a lower price tag.
Therefore, I would say, ICDSoft falls somewhere nicely in the middle. If you are on a budget or want more juice, there are plenty of other options. And if you're with them - you're in good company. Especially with those renewal prices.
- 99.997% uptime
- Excellent response time
- Choice of servers
- Lacking support options
- Big starting prices