Who is One.com?
From its beginning in 2002, One.com has remained one of the leading innovative supplier of web hosting services in Europe. Over the years, One.com has experienced constant growth and it has garnered numerous customers across several nations of the world. These and many more great fits are traceable to One.com, however, it is good to ascertain whether all the accolades accrued to One.com are as a result of the top-notch web hosting service it provides to clients or they are mere empty praises. This is one of the major questions this One.com review is set to answer.
More so, has its strong financial position been a plus to its success and effective performance as a hosting provider? Let’s plunge in and find answers to these and many more questions this One.com review is geared to provide.
Services offered by One.com
One.com features slightly moderate packages. The two simple packages offered are:
- Domain Registration
- Shared Web Hosting
As it is ascertained that One.com does not provide high profiled hosting services such as cloud hosting, reseller hosting, dedicated hosting and VPS. We can, however, affirm that One.com is not actually for websites that have high traffic. Also, this, therefore, leaves us with very high expectations on how effective the performance of the two simple packages offered by One.com are.
Additionally, One.com features these services (not included in Shared Hosting packages):
- Website Builder
- Customized Email
- Hosting Optimized for WordPress
- Webshop Hosting
In this One.com review, our main interest is on the Shared Hosting service, and the goal is to be able to clarify the types of clients and businesses that can successfully use One.com shared hosting package without experience setbacks in their businesses.
Tag along closely as we search out the facts about One.com hosting service.
One.com Pricing & Plans
Let’s quickly look at the plans and find out if they are worth the while:
- Starter Hosting – This is One.com’s most affordable hosting package and it is perfect for basic websites, blogs and email hosting. The price starts at 2.45$ / month and includes unlimited email accounts, 25 GB Storage, 512 MB RAM, 1xCPU, SSL, single websites and a single database.
- Professional Plus Hosting – This is recommended for hosting relatively serious websites. The price starts at 3.49$ / month and it comes with unlimited email addresses, 200 GB SSD storage, 2GB RAM, 4xCPU, SSL, multiple websites and unlimited databases.
From the highlighted Shared web hosting packages above, it is very obvious that with additional $1.04 per month to your budget, you can enjoy multiple websites, unlimited databases, 200 GB SSD storage, and Backup & restore on the Professional plus plan. However, you can opt for better hosting providers for your high trafficked site.
One.com’s subscription periods of any of the hosting packages last for 12 months at a time. When it is exactly 30 days before a 12-month subscription period, the subscription is automatically prolonged, unless the subscription is cancelled.
For example, if you order a Starter hosting package in January the 1st, 2018, the package subscription lasts until December 31st, 2018. However, if you wish to discontinue the subscription for 2019, then you have to cancel the subscription before November 30, 2018.
The hosting plans come with free domain registration for both the Starter hosting and Professional plus hosting. Perhaps, you decide to consider One.com as the suitable web hosting provider for you, it is highly recommended that you go for the Professional plus plan because it possesses better features which will provide quality support better than the Starter plan if your site eventually becomes overloaded with high traffic.
Plans in More Detail
At this stage of One.com review, let’s take a more critical look at the details of each plan. We want to have an in-depth study of the two hosting packages rendered by One.com so that we can accurately figure out whether they have a good standing in the competitive market.
Similarly, with this One.com review, we should be able to ascertain the quality of the services they offer and how strong their support system is for clients’ businesses. Therefore, stay put as the table below reveal the features of the plans:
How many domains allowed?
HDD or SDD used in servers?
Included with builder
Included with builder
Assisted website transfer
Money back guarantee
Live chat & E-mail
Live chat & E-mail
Choice of server location
Free Automated back-ups
Moving ahead further in our One.com review, let’s clarify what the performance of One.com’s server looks like. Having subjected the server to a thorough test with an appropriate tool, we discovered that the server performs good but there is some room for more improvement. Especially in Japan, where response time is approx. 1400 ms.
If we'll ignore Japan (sorry, Japan), loading speed is pretty decent.
One.com’s server performs good in certain areas but remember that you might need a server that will offer exceptional speed all-around. There are couple hosting providers in the business that you may want to check out!
One.com Pros and Cons
We have reached the point in this One.com review where I'll be talking about the pluses and minuses in the hosting packages provided by One.com.
This will avail you the opportunity to make better decisions about choosing one of the hosting packages available on One.com or rather you going for an entirely different host provider.
One.com offers some features with their hosting packages that serve as pluses to the hosting service it provides. These pluses include:
- User-friendly control panel - One.com offers you an intuitive control panel that is flexible and easy to navigate. This enables you to manage your web hosting package quickly and easily, to get access to DNS, file and email modules and avail you the opportunity to activate add-ons which can make your website work harder for you.
- Good Support - all the two hosting packages come with 24/7 support from the One.com team, and you can access them via Live Chat, Email and help center for FAQ guide. This service is available all round the clock, and you are sure to get solutions to any challenge you might have within 24 hours. Indeed, this is a great plus, perhaps you need assistance.
- Performance - One.com’s server speed ranges between 38-500 ms (except Japan) and though they guarantee 99.9% uptime, One.com generally provide 99.99% uptime. It's pretty good.
This One.com review has also revealed the numerous flaws of the hosting provider. These flaws include:
- An Absence of Sophisticated Hosting Packages- One.com lacks the advanced hosting packages such as dedicated hosting, VPS, or reseller hosting. With the absence of these, the web hosting power is very limited and not encouraging for high-performance sites.
- Limited traffic - One.com does not tolerate high and excessive traffic. And the host provider will not give you prior notice before closing your web space if excessive traffic is detected.
- Short money-back guarantee period - This is another pitfall of One.com, the host provider offers a money-back guarantee within 15 days, unlike its counterparts that give a 30-day guarantee.
- Paid additional features - It's not as cheap as it appears. Paid domains, website builder and security features will add-up neatly in your purchase cart.
One.com Review - Summary
Truthfully, One.com features decent performance, good support system, and user-friendly interface. Nevertheless, its limited tolerance for excessive traffic and absence of sophisticated hosting packages make the host provider unfit for use with high-performance sites and businesses.
Furthermore, the market is filled with other high-quality host providers you can try out. And many of these have more hosting packages that have features better than One.com. Therefore, employ the information you already have about One.com host provider to select the best hosting package that suits your sites and businesses.
Hopefully, this One.com review has provided you with the information you need on choosing the best hosting package for you!
- Unlimited Email Accounts
- Great 24/7 Support
- Paid Additional Features
- No Backups
- Only 15-day Money-back Guarantee