2019 October 2nd
One.com claims to offer simple, secure, all-inclusive, and powerful hosting. With its shared, WordPress, and website builder hosting solutions, One.com really tries to match the needs of every web beginner.
But can One.com offer all that it claims to have?
In this One.com review, we'll test if the host is as good as it promises to be!
What is One.com?
One.com is one of the leading innovative suppliers of web hosting services in Europe. It provides a number of solutions including shared and WordPress hosting, as well as a website builder. One.com also hosts emails, online stores, and sells domains.
The provider promises powerful and reliable web hosting matching every customer needs. It claims to offer a simple, secure, and all-inclusive hosting solution.
But there's one thing though.
While One.com promises highly scalable hosting, it's the best match only for beginners. High-traffic websites relying on huge server resources will eventually grow out of One.com.
But if you're getting started, or a huge eCommerce is not in your plans, Once.com looks like a good choice. Let's see if it's true.
One.com has 2 shared hosting plans with the price starting at $2.45/month for the Starter plan. To get the more scalable, Professional Plus plan, you'll need to spend $3.49/month.
Both of the plans include unlimited bandwidth and email accounts, as well as SSL certificates and backups.
However, other features are different:
- Starter Hosting from $2.45/month will get you 50GB storage, 512MB RAM, 1 CPU, and 1 database.
- Professional Plus for $3.49/month includes 200GB storage, 2GB RAM, 4 CPUs, unlimited databases, and SSH access.
From the highlighted Shared web hosting packages above, it is very obvious that with additional $1.04 per month to your budget, you can enjoy multiple websites, unlimited databases, a lot more storage, and even SSH access.
So in the table, you can compare the features of each plan:
|Disk space||20 GB||200 GB|
|Customer support||Live chat & E-mail||Live chat & E-mail|
|Choice of server location||No||No|
|Free automated back-ups||Yes||Yes|
There's only one period lenght for both plans - 1 year. A domain name is not included as well, but you can add one during the check-out for an additional fee.
And if you want to use a website builder, its monthly cost starts at $2.49.
Also, the prices increase after the renewal.
- Starter $2.45/month becomes $3.99/month.
- Professional Plus $3.49/month increases to $6.99/month.
All in all, even after the renewal prices remain affordable. The only drawback is, that One.com specifically promises all-inclusive plans with domain names, but they have to be purchased separately.
One.com Features and Quality
One.com hosting has several features that are worth getting praised. So in this part of One.com review, we'll test how good is this host security and performance features.
Backup and Restore
One.com includes backup and restore feature with both of its plans.
The backups are taken daily, so you have a copy of a functioning website in case you want to update something and a website breaks. The backups are available for up to a week.
You can also save a backup so you can use it any time - even after a year.
And we must really praise One.com for this feature - many hosts only include automatic backups with their premium plans or for an extra fee. This can save you a couple of dollars per month.
One.com server performance
Moving ahead further in our One.com review, we've tested the host's performance using a couple of tools.
And from what we see, you can expect really great results for your website.
Testing from Ashburn, US with 50 virtual users, we've got a stable response time averaging at 100ms. That's well below the industry average of 553ms.
Results from further locations are a bit worse. Testing from Singapore, we get an average 250ms response times. Still, two times better than the industry average.
The results of page load time are not that brilliant. It shows that servers still need some optimization to show better results in delivering heavier websites.
One.com server uptime
One.com host promises 99.9% uptime guarantee which generally is the industry standard.
Results we've got during the testing month were pretty good (but not amazing) as well.
One.com scored 99.94% uptime with several downtimes recorded.
In one instance, One.com was out for more than 21 minutes. This shows that the host is experiencing some issues with the servers.
One.com has several ways to get help - you can contact 24/7 support via live chat or email or search its knowledge base.
The live chat and ticket support are available in a few different languages - Danish, German, Swedish, and French included. Although only English live chat is available 24/7.
The agents respond quickly - I've waited around 2 minutes each time. They are professional and helpful as well.
Not so friendly, however.
It takes quite a few tries to get the information needed. Especially when talking to sales support - of course, they are trying to sell, but answering basic questions instead of advertising the plans would be nice too.
Tech support, on the other hand, is brilliant - all questions were answered straight to the point.
In our One.com review, we found that the host offers some great features that are worth praising for. Let's take a look:
- Backup and restore - One.com offers you a premium feature with both of its shared hosting plans. You will be able to keep your site secure with daily backups and restore function.
- Good Support - all the two hosting packages come with 24/7 support from the One.com team, and you can access them via Live Chat, Email and help center for FAQ guide. This service is available all round the clock, and you are sure to get solutions to any challenge you might have. Indeed, this is a great plus if you need assistance.
- Performance - One.com’s server speed ranges between 100-300 ms which is well below average.
This One.com review has also revealed the numerous flaws of the hosting provider. These drawbacks include:
- An Absence of Sophisticated Hosting Packages - One.com lacks the advanced hosting packages such as dedicated hosting, VPS, or reseller hosting. With the absence of these, the web hosting power is very limited and not encouraging for high-performance sites.
- Limited traffic - One.com does not tolerate high and excessive traffic. And the hosting provider will not give you prior notice before closing your web space if excessive traffic is detected.
- Paid additional features - It's not as cheap as it appears. Paid domains, website builder and security features will add-up neatly in your purchase cart.
One.com Review - our Verdict
Truthfully, One.com has decent performance, good support system, and other great features.
Nevertheless, its limited tolerance for excessive traffic and absence of sophisticated hosting packages make the hosting provider unfit for use with high-performance sites and businesses.
Furthermore, the market is filled with other high-quality host providers you can try out. And many of these have more hosting packages that have features better than One.com.
Therefore, employ the information you already have about One.com host provider to select the best hosting package that suits your sites and businesses.
Hopefully, this One.com review has provided you with the information you need on choosing the best hosting package for you!
- Unlimited Email Accounts
- Great performance
- Multilingual 24/7 Support
- Paid Additional Features
- Only 15-day Money-back Guarantee