Who Is Rackstate?
Rackstate is a web hosting provider that is still very new to the business - is it worth your time and money? That's what we'll be trying to find out in this Rackstate review. Founded only in 2016, the company is fighting an uphill battle against many established providers with years, or even decades of extra experience.
So let's see how their Linux SSD web hosting solutions and free SSL keys hold up against the competition.
Services Offered by Rackstate
Since they’ve been in the hosting business for only a couple of years, you should expect a very clean and innovative approach. Well, we can say, that they are going the right way. If you look at them as a restaurant, their menu is not overcomplicated, fresh and you can find all the classics:
- Shared SSD web hosting
- Domain Registration
- SSL Certificates
These are the basics, but for most users, this is enough. Keeping in mind that this company is freshly baked and still small, it's adequate - better to be good at few things, than average at many!
Rackstate Pricing & Plans
Further, in my Rackstate review, I'll take a look at their shared SSD hosting prices:
- NANO - $1.38 per month, 500MB SSD disk space, 2GB Bandwidth, 1 database, 1 domain, free SSL certificate, free migration, 5 email accounts.
- STARTUP - $4.17 per month, 10GB SSD disk space, 15GB Bandwidth, 10 databases, 10 domains, free SSL certificates, free migration, 20 email accounts.
- ULTIMATE - $7.65 per month, 30GB SSD disk space, 30GB Bandwidth, unlimited databases, unlimited domains, free SSL certificates, free migration, unlimited email accounts.
You can choose to pay yearly and in this case, the pricing will be even more lucrative. It's good if you are willing to commit for a longer time. Also, they will migrate your old server to their hosting without any fee. You'll get a basic SSL certificate for free but if this is not enough, there are plenty more to pick from:
Let's take a look at their Startup plan and see what hides behind the pricing.
We can see that the price of the Business plan is not $4.17/year anymore, it's $4.92 now. The reason is quite obvious, 18% IGST. This abbreviation means Integrated Goods and Services Tax, charged when services are moving from one state to another.
Just keep in mind that this 18% IGST tax is only applied for Indian customers and if you're not from India it will vanish further into your purchase:
You can pay either with a debit or credit card or via PayPal.
Plans In More Detail
In this part of the Rackstate review, we are going to look at the plans in more detail. The comparison below will allow us to compare Rackstate to other web hosting companies and give the deeper understanding about the services provided.
|How many domains allowed?||1||10||Unlimited|
|HDD or SSD used in servers?||SSD||SSD||SSD|
|Assisted website transfer||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Money-back guarantee||30 days||30 days||30 days|
|Customer support||24/7 chat, email, phone||24/7 chat, email, phone||24/7 chat, email, phone|
|Choice of server location||No||No||No|
|Free automated back-ups||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Rackstate guarantees 99.9% uptime and it's pretty common amongst web hosting providers. Not great, but pretty decent for a small company. Let's see how long their servers can be down, using our uptime calculator:
As we can see, this means that your web page can be down for only 1m 26s throughout every day. This is a pretty neat result.
Let's move on with my Rackstate review and see how they will perform:
Rackstate showed performance above average. It's not that great in the US but if your business is Asia-orientated, this hosting provider might be a real catch! Especially suitable for all anime lovers!
- Cheap hosting plans - if you're looking to make a small website, Rackstate will be a great option. For around $15 you'll get a year of hosting. That's a great deal.
- Fast page loading speed - with the help of SSD servers and CloudFlare content delivery network, your page loading times should be pretty amazing.
- Free SSL - All hosting plans come with free Let's Encrypt SSL Certificate, keeping your website and email secure.
- Easy to Navigate Website - The Rackstate website is easy to navigate and clear. Also, you can use the cPanel to get your website set up as easy as possible. There are different options for software like WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla which are simple to understand.
- Customer Support - Their support is friendly, professional and responsive. There's a live chat option what's pretty neat for such a small and young company.
- Free Assisted Web Transfer - If you'll decide to move your service from other web hosting provider, Rackstate will help you with this issue for free.
- Server Locations - Rackstate servers are located in Asia, so if your company is based in the US you can experience some difficulties with response times. On the other hand, it's perfect for Asia-orientated businesses.
- Lack of online payment options - Now there's only PayPal. It would be nice to see more options for online money transfer or electronic cash, like Bitcoin.
RackState Review – Should You Go With It?
In my honest opinion, you if you are looking for a new and fresh provider, willing to give free SSL keys and offering fast SSD hosting, go for it. Rackstate pricing is clear and without string attached. They'll be willing to help you however they can you will improve together! And considering the plans start at around $1.38 per month, it's a great value and you're not losing much!
- SSD Servers
- Free SSL
- 99.9 Uptime
- Free Assisted Web Transfers
- Lack Of Server Locations
- Limited Payment Options