RackState is a web hosting provider that is still very new to the business. Founded only in 2016, the company is fighting an uphill battle against many established providers with years, or even decades of experience.
Is it worth your time and money? That's what we'll be trying to find out in this RackState review.
What Is RackState?
RackState is a hosting provider based in India. Since they’ve been in the hosting business for only a couple of years, you should expect a very clean and innovative approach. Well, we can say, that they are going the right way - RackState offers fast Linux SSD web hosting solutions with a 99.9% uptime guarantee. And the services list is not overcomplicated:
- Shared SSD web hosting
- Domain registration
- SSL certificates
These are the basics, but for most users, this is enough. Keeping in mind that this company is freshly baked and still small, it's adequate - better to be good at few things, than average at many!
Rackstate offers three plans: Nano for $20/yr, Startup for $41.82/yr, and Ultimate for $83.64/yr. Rackstate shows the prices in yearly terms as there are no shorter subscription periods.
Let's take a quick look at the plans:
- NANO - $20 per year, 500MB disk space, 2GB Bandwidth, 1 database, 1 domain, free SSL certificate, free migration, 5 email accounts.
- STARTUP - $41.82 per year, 10GB disk space, 15GB Bandwidth, 10 databases, 10 domains, free SSL certificates, free migration, 20 email accounts.
- ULTIMATE - $83.64 per year, 30GB disk space, 30GB Bandwidth, unlimited databases, unlimited domains, free SSL certificates, free migration, unlimited email accounts.
You can choose three terms of subscription: annual, biennial, triennial. And there are no additional discounts for longer terms. Some users might find this uncomfortable, as the full price has to be paid upfront. But on the other hand, the prices are really low! And you won't have to bother remembering to pay monthly payments.
Considering long term commitments, RackState has one exceptional thing - any time money back guarantee. If you dislike the services, this provider will refund your money at any point of your subscription period.
For a thorough RackState review, we are going to look at the plans in more detail:
|Money-back guarantee||30 days||30 days||30 days|
|Customer support||24/7 chat, email, phone||24/7 chat, email, phone||24/7 chat, email, phone|
|Free automated back-ups||Yes||Yes||Yes|
As you can see, the disk space is not tremendous. Especially, for the Nano plan. Seriously RackState, what can I do with a 500MB space? Upload one static HTML page? The name of the plan is definitely informative in this case...
Same thing goes with the bandwidth - the allowance is very limited. And even considering the small costs, there are providers offering a lot more SSD storage and bandwidth for even smaller prices - take a look at Hostinger or BlueHost.
But let's look at the bright side. Rackstate equips you with the latest cPanel for comfortable administration. Also, they will migrate your old server to their hosting without any fee.
And you'll get a basic SSL certificate for free but if this is not enough, there are plenty more to pick from:
Every plan includes anti-malware protection as well as anti-DDoS protection. And it offers a one-click installation CMS like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla and other.
Overall, RackState web hosting plans have great features, but the disk space and bandwidth are questionable.
RackState guarantees 99.9% uptime and offers great speed.
Such an uptime guarantee is pretty common amongst web hosting providers. So that's pretty decent for a small company. Let's see how long their servers can be down, using our uptime calculator:
As we can see, this means that your web page can be down for only 1m 26s throughout every day. And that is very much bearable!
Let's move on with this RackState review and see how the performance looks.
Knowing that RackState operates SSD servers and has only one server location in India, the results are rather unexpected. It promises very rapid speeds, but the test results are only above average. And you would expect the best results in the region of Asia. But actually, Bangladore shows the longest response time!
And the fastest response time of 83ms appears in Japan, followed by Singapore and Sydney.
Nonetheless, RackState showed above average performance. It's not that great in the US but if your business is Asia-orientated, this hosting provider might be a real catch!
- Cheap hosting plans - if you're looking to make a small website, RackState will be a great option. For around $15 you'll get a year of hosting. That's a great deal.
- Fast page loading speed - with the help of SSD servers and CloudFlare content delivery network, your page loading times should be pretty good.
- Free SSL - All hosting plans come with free Let's Encrypt SSL Certificate, keeping your website and email secure.
- Easy to navigate website - The RackState offers the cPanel to get your website set up as easy as possible. There are different options for software like WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla which are simple to understand.
- Customer support - The support is friendly, professional and responsive. There's a live chat option what's pretty neat for such a small and young company.
- Free assisted web transfer - If you'll decide to move your service from other web hosting provider, RackState will help you with this issue for free.
- Very limited disk space and bandwidth - while other providers are ready to give you unlimited plans even with the starter packs, RackState sets confusing restrictions. Especially for the Nano plan which seems to be rather unusable.
- Only one server location - RackState servers are located in Asia, so if your company is based in the US you can experience some difficulties with response times. On the other hand, it's perfect for Asia-orientated businesses.
- Lack of online payment options - Now there's only PayPal. It would be nice to see more options for online money transfer or electronic cash, like Bitcoin.
RackState Review – The Conclusion
RackState web hosting plans have great features and offer above average performance. This provider takes care of website security and offers user-friendly administration. They'll be willing to help you however they can you will improve together!
On the other hand, if you want a bigger site, you might want to carefully calculate disk space and bandwidth for your needs.
But all in all, you trying out Rackstate wouldn't be much to lose. The prices are low and you get any time money back guarantee.
- SSD servers
- Free SSL
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Free assisted website transfer
- Very limited disk space and bandwidth
- Only one server location
- Limited payment options