According to TripAdvisor, 94% of diners will choose their restaurants based on online reviews.
And with companies such as Deliveroo and Uber Eats becoming more and more popular - having a well-presented website that looks as tasty as your food is important for attracting business.
But with so many website builders available to host your site, how do you know which one is right for you?
Thankfully, that's where all of our experience using and reviewing website builders pays dividends - for you! So, without further ado, here are my top 5 website builders for restaurants:
- Wix (stunning selection of templates for restaurants)
- SITE123 (simple restaurant website builder)
- Squarespace (breathtaking restaurant website templates)
- GoDaddy Website Builder (simplistic website builder)
- Weebly (free plan and a great drag-and-drop editor)
Recommended for: restaurant owners who want a stunning selection of templates and an SEO friendly website.
First up, it's Wix. Well-known for being one of the best all-around website builders - so there's no surprise that it's made my list.
It is fully loaded with over 50 Wix restaurant and bar templates, and on top of that, each one is mobile-friendly!
With Wix's Menu feature, you can entice customers with a beautiful menu that is a breeze to set up. You can add dishes, specials, prices, and then choose a layout you love. The only other step is to publish it.
As for allowing customers to order food, well, ordering online from Wix websites is as easy as pie. Your customers can order and pay from any device - directly from your website. And what's more, Wix takes no commission fees.
Another feature for restaurant lovers is Wix Reservations. This allows customers to book a table directly from your website - it really is that easy!
Also, to help grow your businesses, Wix offers tons of tools to get people talking about your new venture. You can add personal shout out emails, testimonials, reviews, and social media feeds to your website.
But what is the bill?
Wix free plan provides users with hundreds of templates, unlimited pages, and a sub-domain. Sadly, in it you can't connect your own domain and Wix ads will be displayed - potentially harming your restaurant's branding.
All of that can be sorted out, with 4 premium Wix plans - ranging from $13.00 - $49.00 per month.
For restaurants, I would recommend the Combo plan, which is priced at $13.00 per month. It includes 3GB storage, and you can connect a custom domain and remove Wix ads. However, for larger businesses in need of greater storage, the Unlimited plan gives you 10GB storage for $17.00 per month.
- Over 50 restaurant/bar templates
- Wix takes no commission on orders
- Menu and Reservation features
- The free plan is limited to restaurants
Recommended for: busy restaurant owners for fast and easy website creation.
The second course is SITE123 - website builder trying to become the easiest free site builder. Featuring intuitive editor based on mixing and matching templates it's actually very close to the goal. Using SITE123 can be as easy as changing the wallpaper of your desktop.
As for restaurant websites, SITE123 has a big choice of pre-design templates. From quite minimalistic ones to beautiful modern designs - you'll find something to represent your kitchen.
Simplicity does not limit functionality too.
SITE123 has a bunch of features to make restaurant websites not only beautiful but useful as well:
- Restaurant Reservations help you save time and organize the workflow better - no more calls at the wrong time or overbooking. You can set table sizes, auto/manually confirm reservations, set grace period, and easily manage orders.
- Restaurant Menu allows showcasing your menu easily - it will look great both on desktop and mobile devices.
- Image Galleries is a useful feature to show the unique interior of your restaurant, events, or special dishes.
- Blogging will be useful for marketing - if you want to become a popular place, you need to build a community.
The website builder is fully equipped and everything is simple to set up. The price is also rather good.
SITE123 is soul food for your wallet
SITE123 has a free plan that would perfectly enough for any restaurant website except for one limitation - no custom domain name.
That's why choosing one of the 4 paid packages is much better. The plans range from $4.68/mo to $15.48/mo.
For simple restaurant websites, I would recommend the cheapest, Basic plan for $4.68/mo - it includes enough storage and bandwidth to power a pretty popular site as well as all the other features. That's a domain name, its privacy, SSL certificate, and even email accounts @ your domain. Honestly, that's a great package for starters.
- Templates designed for restaurants
- Complete ease of use
- Menu and Reservation features
- Free plan is very limited
Recommended for: restaurants who want a unique website design with the latest design technology.
For our third course, and possibly the most delicious - it's Squarespace. You only have to look at their roster full of restaurateurs to see the potential with Squarespace.
What attracted me the most to Squarespace while looking for the best restaurant website builder, was its beautiful design. The templates are really crème de la crème when it comes to that.
Those themes are specialized, too. Squarespace also has around 15 restaurant templates to choose from - ranging from Thai food to burger bars, and each one is as elegantly designed as the last. It uses a block by block editor to arrange your content, and while there is a slightly steeper learning curve, the results are stunning.
Some of the best restaurant websites (and websites about food) I saw were the ones using this website builder. Like Mission Chinese Food restaurants and Binging With Babish YouTube channel.
And there are plenty of features too...
- Users can create clear and beautiful menus in just a few clicks
- OpenTable integrations make booking a table from your website simple
- You can even create an online store to sell merchandise or gift cards
If Squarespace was a restaurant, it would have 3 Michelin stars
Unfortunately, as you can probably guess by the pun, Squarespace is one of the most expensive website builders on my list. And no, there isn't a free plan.
Squarespace offers two paid plans - Personal and Business. There is only one major difference between the two packages and that's the eCommerce feature. So deciding on which package is best suited to you all comes down to whether you want an online store or not.
If the answer is yes, then the Business plan will set you back $18.00 per month. If the answer is no, the Personal plan will cost you $12.00 per month. Both of these plans include 24/7 support and unlimited storage & bandwidth.
- 15 beautiful restaurant templates to choose from
- OpenTable integration for customer reservations
- eCommerce feature is available
- Built-in SEO tools
- The basic plan is priced at the higher end of website builders
- Steeper learning curve
Recommended for: restaurateurs who need to easily build a website and can sacrifice customizability.
If you want a simple but good-looking website for a restaurant, GoDaddy Website Builder (or GoCentral if you like) is a good choice. I say 'simple', simply because this website builder offers fewer options than others when it comes to customization.
Saying that though, GoCentral doesn't hold back when it comes down to the more important things. Just like Wix and Squarespace, it's easy to create eye-catching menus - adding dishes, prices, specials and more.
GoDaddy Website Builder also gives you the option to create a mouth-watering image gallery - which is perfect for showcasing signature dishes. To allow customers the option to order those signature dishes, you are going to need an online ordering system. Thankfully, you can integrate either OpenTable, ChowNow, or Toast to deal with your online reservations.
Online traffic will help boost your business and attract new customers, and with GoCentral's SEO tools, you can make sure that all of those hungry customers find your restaurant.
GoDaddy Website Builder pricing
GoDaddy Website Builder is a good place to start for small independent businesses who want to build a website. However, building your website with GoCentral isn't free. Instead, they offer four price plans which range from $5.99 - $29.99 per month.
For small businesses, I would recommend the Business plan priced at $9.99 per month, which includes SEO tools, PayPal buttons, and 24/7 support. For restaurateurs who want to build an online shop, though, there is only one plan that includes eCommerce, this is priced at $29.99 per month.
- Simple and easy-to-use website builder
- Integrate with OpenTable and more
- SEO tools allow you to attract customers
- Basic designs compared to competitors
- No free plan
- No blank canvas template
Recommended for: restaurateurs who want a professional-looking website with a drag-and-drop editor.
For the dessert, it's Weebly.
Another all-around website builder that serves up a fair portion of restaurant templates, drizzled with a drag-and-drop editor. Unlike GoCentral, you can create your own custom website, but you can also choose from 10+ ready-made templates designed for restaurants.
Although Weebly doesn't offer its own apps to build and manage your restaurant, it does allow you to integrate third-party apps to create menus and free table reservations. These apps include OpenMenu and Restaurant System.
The OpenMenu app can only build menus and will cost you $19.00 per month if you want to see it's full potential. However, with Restaurant System, you can edit menus, take unlimited online orders, and set up table reservations - it is also completely free and they take 0% commission.
Hooray, a free plan! But what's on offer?
For small businesses - not a great deal.
But nevertheless, it's a great way to familiarise yourself with the Weebly interface before making a purchase.
In my opinion, Weebly offers one of the best low priced value for money packages there is. Its the Starter plan and is priced at $8.00 per month and includes unlimited storage, an ad-free website, SEO tools, and eCommerce.
- An all-around website builder with a drag-and-drop editor
- 10+ restaurant themed templates
- Integrable apps such as Restaurant System
- The option to start with a blank canvas
- Free plan doesn't offer much for restaurateurs
So, Who Will Reign As The Best Restaurant Website Builder?
Of the 5 website builders I trialed and tested, the one best suited for building restaurant websites depends solely on your restaurant needs.
Here are the best restaurant website builders and their top features:
- Wix is suited for restaurateurs who want 50+ pre-designed templates with excellent menu and reservation options
- SITE123 is a nice and very easy to use option for busy restaurant owners with no time to learn complex web development.
- Squarespace is best suited for high-end or independent restaurants who want a unique design with the last design features
- GoDaddy Website Builder is suited for restaurateurs who want an easy to build a website with only a few customization options
- Weebly would make a good choice for restaurateurs who want integrable apps and a user-friendly interface
Either one of these four website builders has what it takes to create the best restaurants' websites, though, and I'm sure you'll be impressed by the features included in each of these builders.
Out of the 5, Wix stands out with having over 50+ pre-designed templates and excellent built-in menu and reservation options. On the other hand, it's hard to ignore the simplicy and features that you get with SITE123 for a very affordable price.
So, after testing dozens of website builders, I came to the conclusion that these are the top 5 best website builders for restaurants. If you think I missed any, please feel free to share them in the comments below.