While it is tough becoming a successful musician, a website is an essential that can help. Promoting yourself online and building an online presence, selling tickets, merchandise, and even music - a great website can do that.
But I know how busy aspiring musicians are - there's no time or money to invest in big projects.
This is where a website builder can help you - it's a way of creating a website in less than a day and without spending thousands. And the best part - you can do that without a clue what code is.
So after testing dozens of builders, I came to the conclusion that the best website builder for musicians will be affordable (or even free), very easy to use, and will offer features and design options dedicated entirely to music.
Here are the 6 best website builders for musicians:
- SITE123 (best musician website builder)
- Bandzoogle (easiest website builder for musicians)
- Wix (great selection of templates for musicians)
- uKit (plenty of widgets and social media integration)
- Weebly (powerful eCommerce features)
- 1&1 IONOS (professional musician website builder)
1. SITE123 - The Best Website Builder for Musicians
from free to $15.48/month
SITE123 can create a website in minutes - it's that easy to use. You'll simply need to choose one of the music-industry templates, upload your content, and press Publish.
That's by far the easiest website builder to use. But it's not stripped of features too.
SITE123 has a ton of tools to help you get noticed online and build an online presence.
- SEO tools are powerful and included so you can get discovered on search engines.
- Free email accounts for newsletters and professional image.
- Events calendar - so your concerts can never be missed.
- Music Tools - upload and share your music directly, share press reviews, and tour dates.
- Bandisintown and Soundcloud integration
Apart from this, SITE123 includes eCommerce capabilities even with the cheapest plan. This way, you can start selling music and merchandise without big investments.
And the website builder also includes all the essentials - domain name, its privacy, SSL certificate, and more.
Is SITE123 the best website builder for musicians?
It might be! SITE123 has a free plan although it's pretty limited - you won't get a domain and SITE123 ads will be displayed. So that's probably the only drawback.
Premium plans range between $4.68 and $15.48/month. So it's a pretty affordable way of getting all the benefits.
- Free plan available
- 0% commission fees on all sales
- Complete ease of use
- Music-industry templates
- 24/7 Live chat support
- The free plan is very limiting
2. Bandzoogle - Dedicated Musician Website Builder
from $8.29 to $16.63/month
There's a lot more to this website builder than meets the eye.
Beneath its quirky name, there is an excellent platform that offers commission-free sales on music, merchandise, downloads, and tickets!
Not only that, it has over 100+ beautiful mobile-friendly themes dedicated to music creators.
That's an important addition, knowing that a lot of people now stay updated and do purchases using their mobile phones.
As for its pricing, well, it's fairly good at that too. For just $8.29 per month, you get a bucket load of features that include - eCommerce, 0% commission fees, promotional features, SEO tools, and a mailing list.
Is it really the perfect performance, or has Bandzoogle missed a beat?
The perfect performance comes at a small price - $16.63 to be precise. The Bandzoogle Pro plan provides the user with a number of show-stopping features, which include the option to be able to sell tickets, merchandise, custom design, custom fonts, and video headers. If you're planning to go big, this could be just the perfect option.
- Free 30-day trial available
- 0% commission fees on all sales
- Mailing list (100 fan subscribers with a Lite plan)
- Full-featured merch + download store
- 24/7 Live chat support
- No album pre-orders or discount codes without upgrading
3. Wix - Design Freedom and Ease-of-Use
from free to $35/month
With the ability to upload music directly to your website, and an impressive selection of templates for bands, DJs, solo artists and more - it's no surprise that Wix has made the list.
Although Wix has some of the most expensive plans on this list - it is also the most versatile of the bunch.
One of Wix's key features is the plug-in feature, which allows users to connect platforms such as Bandsintown and Songkick directly to your Wix account.
One of its key strengths is its templates. The designs are exceptional and offer pre-built layouts for musicians. With industry-specific templates, you don't need to work on the design if you don't want to.
But if you do, you'll get complete design freedom - Wix's intuitive drag-and-drop editor allows changing templates into any way or any form you want to.
Wix has plenty of plans to choose from
As I've mentioned - Wix is not the cheapest option on the list. However, it offers a free plan and several premium ones. The Combo plan is a decent all-around package and is priced at $11 per month. It includes 3GB storage, 2GB bandwidth, a free domain for 1 year, and an ad-free website. Overall, a good option to take, especially if you fall in love with one of the themes Wix has to offer.
- Supports plenty of music plugins (Bandsintown and Songkick)
- Upload music or videos directly onto your website
- Over 500 designer-made templates
- Sleek and easy-to-use website builder
- Can get pricey with higher packages
4. uKit - Affordable Builder for Social Musicians
from $4 to $8/month
Next on the bill is uKit - bringing 12 years of experience and a user-friendly website builder.
Out of the 6 website builders, uKit has one of the most impressive design features with plenty of customizable elements.
As well as bringing an intuitive design and a responsive interface, uKit has plenty of integrable widgets such as Facebook, Soundcloud, and Instagram.
On top of this, its premium plans are an extremely good value for money. Hear this, you can get unlimited pages, disk space, and visitors, unlimited domains, premium designs, and Google analytics support for just $8 per month with their Premium + plan.
The only downside to uKit is the lack of eCommerce with either of their lower-priced plans. However, there is an eCommerce plan available that starts at $12.00 per month. For the extra few $, I personally think it's worth it - if you want to sell online.
Has uKit secured the headline slot?
This good-looking website builder certainly has what it takes to top the charts. It offers flexible price plans at good rates that are packed full of features. However, it may take one too many upgrades in packages to achieve the best from uKit.
- Feature-full price plans at extremely good rates
- 24/7 and live chat support
- Integrable widgets such as Facebook, Soundcloud, Instagram
- Unlimited storage, bandwidth, and visitors with all plans
- No free plan
- Limited blogging feature
- eCommerce only available with upgraded accounts
5. Weebly - Best Website Builder for Musicians Selling Online
from free to $25/month
Weebly is packed with cutting-edge video and audio features perfect for creating websites for bands. All of which are easy to use and super friendly to beginners.
But the key strength of Weebly is its eCommerce capabilities. The website builder transformed from "blogging-oriented" to "sell-online" in a matter of a few months. Right now, it's a platform that combines ease of use and eCommerce features.
So if you believe that selling your merchandise or tickets is what's left to achieve success - Weebly will help you.
Even if you're not interested in selling online, music-related features are also great:
The features included are - video backgrounds, advanced animation effects, and HD audio and video. Uploading music or concert recording in HD quality is probably one of the most important features of a music-related website.
Beneath the fancy features, there is an excellent selection of themes. Not only do they all look great, but they also adapt perfectly to mobile devices. While there are no themes specifically created for musicians, the majority of them are very sleek, minimalistic and easily adaptable to any industry.
Weebly has plenty of options, too
Similarly to Wix, the pricing structure for Weebly is simple but flexible. There is a free plan to suit beginners, and paid plans that range from $5.00 - $25.00 per month.
To make full use of Weebly, I would recommend upgrading to the Pro plan ($12.00/month). The one feature that caught my eye above anything else was the HD audio and video. Other plus points for this package are the eCommerce, password protection, and video backgrounds.
If you aren't interested in the HD audio and video feature, or the eCommerce feature, then the Starter plan (priced at $8.00/month) will be a great pick. It comes with unlimited storage, SSL security, advanced site stats, and an ad-free website.
- Cutting edge audio and video features
- Fully responsive mobile-friendly themes
- Google Ads $100 credit with Pro plan
- Most key features are excluded from the cheaper plans
- No live chat support feature
6. 1&1 IONOS - Professional Site Builder for Music Fans
from $1 to $20/month
1&1 IONOS has an impressive website builder that uses integrable social media widgets such as Facebook and Instagram.
For musicians, this is an impressive feature to have in the armory - especially with a large number of statistics being drawn from Facebook and Instagram accounts nowadays.
What's even more impressive is that 1&1 uses a flexible drag-and-drop editor. Each one of its impressive themes is mobile-optimized, giving you the option to edit your design whilst on the move.
And the fun doesn't stop there - as its Business package (starting off at just $1.00 per month) provides free domain and email account, SSL certificate, and SEO.
Still looking for more?
Well, If you're a band that needs more from a website builder than just a sleek design - 1&1 also provides excellent eCommerce platforms that range from $10.00 - $30.00 per month. If you're looking to sell tickets or merchandise, it's one of the cheaper options out there.
- Integrable social media widgets
- Flexible drag-and-drop editor
- FREE domain (first year only) & SSL included
- Mobile-optimized design templates
- Not blogger friendly
- Not the easiest website builder to set up
So, Who Tops The Best Website Builder For Musicians Charts?
Of the 6 website builders I have listed, the choice that suits you best comes down to your individual needs.
To help further your decision, I have made a list below of all the best website builders for musicians and their key features. Please note that rather than strict statements - these are just recommendations.
- SITE123 - by far the easiest website builder for musicians featuring eCommerce capabilities.
- Bandzoogle is suited for those who want excellent sales features on top of a musician website builder.
- Wix is the best choice for musicians who want a plugin feature to connect 3rd-party platforms.
- uKit would make the perfect choice for those who want experimental design features and widgets.
- Weebly is perfect for musicians that want to empower their brand by selling online.
- 1&1 IONOS will be awesome for artists with an active social media presence.
Although Bandzoogle has excellent sales features and is dedicated entirely to musicians, it does lack key customization features that you get with Wix or SITE123. Weebly, on the other hand, is great for musicians who are looking for an easy-to-use website builder with a simple drag-and-drop feature to sell online. Whereas 1&1 and uKit would be a great choice for DJ's or producers that have an active social media presence.
Please feel free to share your own ideas or thoughts on this topic below - I'd be interested in seeing what other providers you had in mind for the best band website builder!