I'm sure we can all agree that without non-profits, the world would be a much worse place. And it's great that today, there so many of them! But in a way, this can also be a subject for concern.
There are many charitable organizations around today, and it's becoming more and more difficult to catch people's attention.
But with the aid of a good website, it could be a lot easier.
This is what this post is going to be about - making your website look beautiful. And doing so simply, too. I've gathered 4 website builders which combine great designs and ultimate ease of use.
These are the best website builders for nonprofits:
- Weebly - User-friendly interface with a wealth of apps
- Wix - Selection of over 300+ customizable themes
- Morweb.org - Themes specifically designed for non-profit organizations
- Jimdo - Artificial Intelligence can create a website for you
Recommended for: users who want a drag and drop editor with one of the most user-friendly interfaces.
Weebly is known for having one of the most user-friendly interfaces out of all the website builders. It's straightforward, simple, and uses a drag and drop editor to build up the content your website.
Weebly also provides the user with hundreds of pre-designed and responsive themes to choose from.
But what Weebly does that makes creating your website so easy, is that it allows you to drag and drop elements easily into your pages. It automatically snaps them into a pre-made grid, giving your website a professional and tidy appeal.
There are plenty of other great things you can do with Weebly, though, such as:
- Ensure your website stands out by adding video backgrounds, parallax, and animation.
- Boost the traffic to your website with SEO tools and social media integration.
- Build newsletters and lifecycle marketing programmes to attract more visitors and to interact.
- The Weebly blogging platform is a great way to showcase ideas and keep people informed of upcoming events etc.
- Manage your website on the go with the Weebly mobile app.
In addition to this, there is Weebly's app center. In here, you will find a good selection of apps to give your website that extra touch. There are things like social sharing, social feed, Facebook live chat, text animation, and many more.
Weebly offers its clients a free plan, which is a great opportunity to test the waters and further your knowledge of its features.
However, to build a much more professional website, I would recommend upgrading your account to the Starter plan which costs $8.00 per month. It includes unlimited storage, SSL security, up to 10 online store products, an ad-free site, and the option to connect a personal domain.
- Easy to use and perfect for beginners
- 300+ templates to choose from
- Chat and email support
- Free plan is limited
- Experienced users may find its customization limited
Recommended for: users who want a selection of stunning templates and an intuitive interface.
Wix isn't shy when making an appearance in a list of top website builders. But due to it's oh so pretty interface, selection of templates and apps - what can you expect?
With Wix, there are two ways in which you can build your website. Firstly, you can select from one of the hundreds of templates provided, and then arrange your content using the Wix drag and drop editor.
Or, you can use Wix ADI - which, by the way, is perfect for inexperienced users or anybody who wants a website up and running quickly. It gathers information from a series of content and business based questions, and then builds your website for you. Once complete, you are free to tweak it however you like.
Design factors aside for a second, let's have a look at some of Wix's other features:
- The Wix App Market is home to a list of third-party apps that will help grow your business.
- Wix SEO tools will increase the number of visitors to your website.
- Display high-quality images or videos with Wix's Media Galleries.
- Interact with your visitors and keep them in the loop with the Wix blogging platform.
Inside the Wix app market, you will find all your third-party business boosting apps. And like Weebly, there are hundreds for all different actions and business types. They include things like Wix Chat, Pro Gallery, Online Store, Visitor Analytics, and many more.
Let's Have A Look At The Wix Pricing
As with Weebly, Wix also offers a free plan for its customers to enjoy. In addition to this, there are a number of paid plans that range from $5 - $35.
Personally, I'd recommend the Combo plan that is priced at $11.00 per month. It includes 3GB storage, an ad-free website, a free domain for 1-year, and 2GB bandwidth.
- Selection of over 300+ templates
- 24/7 customer support
- Wix ADI feature
- Drag and drop editor
- Free plan is limited
- You cant change the templates once you have built your website
Recommended for: users who want a nonprofit CMS platform.
Morweb.org is all about a user-friendly experience and making the website creation process as simple as possible. It's the only nonprofit-focused website builder in my list, and it also uses a drag and drop editor to create your website.
Once you have chosen a theme, customizing your website comes next. You can edit things like your websites logo, color scheme, typeface, and other tweaks to make the website representative of your business.
But what I like the most about Morweb is that it uses a live editor. What this means is that you see your changes take effect as you make them - as opposed to having to click off the editor in order to see them.
Another nice touch is how the editor points out the customizable elements of your website using 'hotspots'. And what's more, it automatically converts large images to web-friendly versions.
More About Morweb.org Features and Prices
For users who are dependant on SEO tools and social media integration - Morweb.org has plenty for you to get stuck into. Adding social media icons like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are great ways of promoting your business.
Morweb.org also offers a free trial to test its features, and I would 100% recommend taking advantage of this! In addition to this, there are three paid plans that range from $99.00 - $199.00 per month. To the untrained eye, this may seem like an extortionate amount of money but given the features (image below) it's fair and square - and you have the ability to test everything for free.
- Email and live chat support
- The live editor is extremely user-friendly
- Specifically designed non-profit templates
- The free trial is a good way to test its features
- High pricing structure
- Lack of modern design features
Recommended for: users who want the option of AI web design to build their website for them.
Creating a non-profit organization website with Jimdo is easy - there's even a step-by-step guide on their website telling you how to do so. And what's more, there's a selection of templates that are specifically designed for non-profit organizations.
Jimdo provides you with two options for creating a website. The first is a DIY approach: you choose a template, shuffle around your content, add images, buttons, videos or icons, and then edit your text and hit publish.
If that seems a little too much - let Jimdo build your website for you. Just like Wix ADI, it gathers information from a series of content and business based questions and then creates a website personal to you. Once Jimdo has finished, you can then tweak it accordingly.
Search Engines Are Essential For Non-Profit Organization's Success
Being on the top pages on Google can make your non-profit even more successful. Therefore, it's key to make the most the SEO tools that Jimdo provides.
However, this does mean that'll you need to upgrade to its best-selling Business plan ($20.00 per month). Which also includes an online store, ad-free website, premium support, HTTPS encryption, and unlimited storage. Overall - a good deal if you're planning to go big.
- Exclusive non-profit organization templates
- Artificial intelligence web design technology
- Useful SEO tools
- Lack of design features
- The interface can seem basic at times
Which Is the Best Website Builder for Non-Profits?
Choosing an outright winner from this bunch is a tough decision to make. They each bring their own unique elements to creating non-profit websites. So, for that reason and to help further your decision, I have made a list of who each of them suits best:
- Weebly would make a good choice for users who want a user-friendly interface and a long list of apps.
- Wix is suited for non-profit organizations who want a stunning website for just $5.00!
- Morweb is best for organizations who want to grow their business and build a professional non-profit website.
- Jimdo is a good choice for inexperienced users who want to build a professional non-profit website.
Although there's a lack of templates designed for non-profit organizations, the sheer versatility of Wix more than makes up for it. And as for Morweb.org, well, I loved the editor and its feature list was impressive, but the only downside is the price.
Prior to this review, I analyzed dozens of website builders to find the best ones for non-profit organizations, and I came to the conclusion that these are the best ones. However, if you believe I missed any, feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section below.