Best Parallax Website Templates – Add Depth to Your Site’s Design
2019 January 13th at 11:04
Parallax effect on modern media began in the early 1990s, and was popularized through 2D computer graphics and video arcade games such as Sonic The Hedgehog. A couple of decades later, in the 2010s, it was also picked up by web designers and became a popular effect on plenty of modern web pages.
With parallax scrolling, the web page's content moves at the different speed than the background, creating an illusion of depth on a two-dimensional page - a visually interesting effect.
And right now, getting such an effect on your website is very simple - all you need is to choose a good website template and you're good to go.
But with so many different parallax scrolling themes to choose from - which one should you pick for your website? Well, I've done some serious research - and these are the best parallax website templates:
- Rhythm (Plenty of templates and a fair price)
- Arone (35+ unique demos and modern design)
- Orio (Video-optimized and includes one-click demo import)
- Pofo (Highly customizable and includes 200+ pre-built templates)
- Stash (Innovative design and SEO-ready)
Bootstrap, $17 - one-time fee.
Recommended for: users who want plenty of templates and a one-page or multi-page website.
Rhythm is a beautifully designed and well-structured parallax scrolling template.
Offering over 50 demos, Rhythm provides the user with more than enough to get the website off the ground.
Rhythm has been styled with CSS3 scripting, which ensures eye-catching parallax effects and extremely smooth scrolling. It also provides the user with plenty of layout options, multiple header varients, 40+ portfolio pages, and over 10 blog pages.
And the features don't stop there:
- The user can choose from a one-page or a multi-page website;
- There are over 175 HTML parallax scrolling templates;
- Choose from light, dark or transparent menu bars;
- Users can integrate with all major social media platforms;
One other thing that impressed me with Rhythm is that they actively update their templates.
In the modern world, you need to keep up and stay improving what you have. This is exactly what this theme goes.
Well, the constantly updated modern templates will be perfect for young professionals and independent businesses who would like to keep their website up-to-date.
And customizing your website with Rhythm is made easy too, however, it is slightly limited.
But, for just $17.00, Rhythm is a great investment for young professionals in particular. It also includes 6 months support from Bestlooker.
- Over 50 demos and 175 HTML templates
- WordPress and Joomla versions available
- Fair price at $17.00
- 6 months support from Bestlooker
- Color schemes aren't the most versatile
Bootstrap, $12 - one-time fee.
Recommended for: users who want a one-page parallax template with over 30 demos.
Arone is a one-page parallax template with over 35 unique demos.
It includes multiple navigation styles and is the perfect website builder for businesses or creative agencies.
Arona's template looks stunning and is responsive on any device, what's more, it's Retina ready and has a modern design.
You can customize your website by changing its color scheme and fonts. You can also create appealing slideshows with its Revolution Slider plugin added in.
As for pricing, Arcone comes in at $12.00 and includes dedicated support.
- Over 35 demos for users to choose from
- Arcone is fully responsive to suit any device
- Create slideshows with its Revolution Slider
- A steeper learning curve for users who don't know how to code
WordPress, $59 - one-time fee.
Recommended for: WordPress users who want a parallax template that is loaded with features and is video-optimized.
There are two versions of Orio: a WordPress version, and well - a none WordPress version. I will be reviewing the WordPress version of Orio today, though.
This parallax scrolling template stands out from the crowd - mainly because of its customization options and feature set. It uses a one-click demo import, and It has been designed to help showcase your project or portfolio.
I'd like to take a minute to discuss the pricing for Orio, though, because as I mentioned there are two versions available to users. Orio for WordPress is priced at $59.00, which is quite expensive when you compare it to the standard version which is $12.00.
However, to give you a clear view of the differences in features, I have made a list of things that are included in the WordPress version, which are not included in the standard version.
- You can custom fonts, Google fonts, or Adobe fonts with the Orio font manager;
- Users will benefit from an intuitive page builder;
- Orio is WooCommerce ready;
- One-click demo import and easy-to-use admin interface;
As you can see, there are quite a few additional features, and that's not all of them. A full list can be found on the Orio website.
Saying this, both versions of Orio are video-optimized, allowing users to create cool video portfolios. To do this, you will use Orio's page builder - which is intuitive and easy to use. And just like Rhythm - Orio regularly updates their features for both versions.
- Professional looking parallax template
- Video-optimized for creating video portfolios
- One-click demo import
- Non-WordPress version lacks in features
WordPress, $59 - one-time fee.
Recommended for: WordPress users who want a highly customizable and responsive parallax scrolling template.Pofo is a WordPress parallax template build for portfolios, creative agencies or blogs. Coming in at a price of $59.00, Pofo includes 6 months support and lifetime updates.
This beautifully designed theme is built to give the user a hand-crafted and unique design. It includes WooCommerce and is fully responsive while utilizing a simple drag-and-drop builder with visual composer.
Pofu provides its user with over 200 pre-built templates to choose from.
There are also 35+ unique demos that can be imported with just one click.
Check out the list below for a clear view of the features on offer:
- WordPress customizer gives the user over 1000 customization options;
- It uses a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) graphical interface;
- Pofo is SEO and WooCommerce friendly;
- There is a stack of plugins included like MailChimp, Yoast SEO, Slider Revolution and many more;
- Users can choose from multiple parallax one-page layouts;
As you can see, Pofo is the parallax website template that just keeps on giving. And I must admit, this is one of the most impressive feature sets I have seen in a bunch of parallax WordPress templates.
- Over 200 pre-built templates and 35 demos
- Responsive and Retina ready
- Drag and drop editor
- Fast performance for the best SEO results
- Steeper learning curve than most parallax templates
HTML, $18 - one-time fee.
Recommended for: users who want a unique template with the latest design features.
Stash is a powerful and flexible scroll website template that is designed to suit small businesses. It includes one of the most popular plugins on the market today - visual composer. And what this means for its users is that you are almost guaranteed a stunning website, as you'll be able to edit and add new elements on the site and see results immediately.
Stash pairs this feature up together with a drag-and-drop editor for an even easier building experience. On top of this, it is fully responsive, Retina-ready, and has an extremely smooth parallax scrolling.
In total, Stash offers its clients 48 homepage options and 80+ page elements. Also, to make your building process even easier, Stash provides you with 15 ready-made inner pages and over 200-page builder blocks which allow you to build a custom website design.
The feature list doesn't stop there either - you can see more in the list below:
- Thanks to Google Fonts, users can choose from over 600 fonts;
- Users can select between a one-page or multi-page structure;
- Regular Stash updates will keep its users on trend at all times;
As for pricing - Stash is priced at $59.00, and it includes 6 months support from HighGrade
- Plenty of design options to customize your website
- Innovative design features
- Visual Composer plugin
- WooCommerce and SEO ready
- Higher cost price than other parallax templates
Parallax Website Templates - Who's Scrolled Their Way To The Top?
In a way, all 5 of these templates are already winners. They're the best of the bunch: beautiful, working flawlessly, and receiving great reviews. However, they also have their differences and therefore, are best suited to different users.
To help you with your decision, I have made a list of what (I believe) each of them does best.
- Rhythm is best suited for users who want good all-around performance with plenty of demos.
- Arone would make a good choice for users who want a good parallax website on a budget.
- Orio would suit users who want a video-optimized WordPress template.
- Pofo would suit photographers who want a professional looking website with a drag-and-drop editor.
- Stash is best suited for the people who are looking to build their website from the ground up.
Rhythm and Arone are both great Bootstrap options that cost just $17.00 and $12.00 respectively. They're amazing value for money, and the demos in them are quite stunning. Orio and Pofo are great options for WordPress, too - and Stash will be great for those who are looking to build a website from scratch
So, after testing dozens of parallax website templates, I came to the conclusion that these are the top 5 parallax scroll website templates. If you think I missed any, please feel free to share them in the comments below.