Top 5 Best Portfolio Website Templates
2019 January 11th at 6:05
A portfolio is not only a great method to showcase your work - it's also an excellent way to impress potential clients, too.
However, to impress those clients, you need the right tools for the job. And with hundreds of website themes out there, it can often feel like your looking for a needle in a haystack.
But after scouring the Internet, looking at the best portfolio websites and website building platforms, I've put together a list to help you choose the best portfolio websites templates for your site:
- Jevelin (Very customizable design options)
- Mono (Inexpensive with plenty of layout choices)
- Quadra (Loads of great demo pages)
- Cubez (Includes Visual Composer for easy customization)
- Pofo (Modern design and SEO optimized)
Price: $29 - one-time fee. WordPress theme.
Recommended for: users who want an impressive visual page builder with excellent design features.
Jevelin is a multi-purpose responsive WordPress theme for businesses, freelancing or personal use.
Designed in a creative manner, it suits both simple and complex websites.
It comes with 10+ portfolio layouts and plenty of blog pages.
There's also a drag-and-drop live builder to help build your website.
The portfolio layouts can be fully customized to suit your needs - you can edit color schemes, fonts, headers/footers, and more. Here's a demo page of one of the portfolio templates that Jevelin offers.
As well as providing a number of pre-built designs, Jevelin also gives the user the option to custom build a design. It does both options surprisingly well and with the same thing in mind - to create top quality websites. For users who are new to WordPress, there are also video tutorials and online documentation to help get you started.
But the features don't stop there. With Jevelin:
- Users can build slideshows using the Slider Revolution plugin;
- You can set up your own online shop with WooCommerce;
- Users can expect a fully responsive website that will look great on all devices;
- Building your website is easy and there is no coding required;
As you can see, there are plenty of features that will almost guarantee a good-looking portfolio website. And all for the price of $29.00 - sounds like a great deal.
- Build a multi-purpose responsive website easily
- Drag-and-drop editor
- Plenty of customization options
- Not Retina-ready
Price: $17 - one-time fee. HTML theme.
Recommended for: users who want an inexpensive and modern HTML portfolio template.
Roll up, roll up, up next its Mono. This fully responsive HTML portfolio template is made for professionals and has everything you need to build a great portfolio website.
There are 48 stunning home pages, each one can be customized using lightweight code. This coding system is fairly easy to use and get to grips with, and its down to how well Mono organizes and documents the files.
On top of this, Mono provides 4 portfolio layouts - grid, masonry, vertical and carousel.
And although this isn't a huge amount of portfolio layouts to choose from, users can expect a clutter-free portfolio with a sleek design.
With plenty of demo pages and layouts available, professionals and businesses of various fields should find just the right websites. Just from the looks of it, Mono has some great photographer, ad agency and web developer portfolio templates.
But here come the best news - it will only cost you $17.00! This price includes 6 months support from Designova and lifetime upgrades. For freelance professionals, in particular, this is a deal worth taking.
- Great price
- 48 stunning homepages and 4 portfolio layouts
- No free plugins
Price: $17 - one-time fee. Bootstrap theme.
Recommended for: users who want a Bootstrap theme with loads of great demo pages.There's no denying that Quadra comes fully equipped, and with over 70+ demos alone - there's going to be plenty to choose for everyone.
Each demo is easy to edit and you can add, modify, or remove various page elements in just a few clicks. And what's more, is that each template comes with more than 48 navigation types and styles.
Users then get to choose from 8 completely different page layouts: Block, Dotted, Mini Slide, and Slide to Slide are among those. They can also be mixed and matched, allowing the user to create a unique and personal portfolio.
Quadra is powered by Bootstrap and is fully responsive to fit all screens.
There is an amazing 150+ portfolio examples, including multiple animation filter types, as well as the Revolution Slider plugin that has over 100 slider examples and plenty of editing options so you can make your own!
Here are several portfolio template demos to get you better acquainted with Quadra modern design choices:
As for the pricing - Quadra comes in at $17.00, which includes 6 months support from GoldEyes and a lifetime of template updates.
Quadra is impressive when it comes to its selection of layouts and demos. But with good design features too, it would make a great portfolio choice for someone like a web developer, who knows exactly what they want but need a platform to create a web developer portfolio.
- A great selection of layouts and demos
- Revolution slider and 48 navigation layouts
- One-page or multi-page options
- Fully responsive template
- Steeper learning curve than some portfolio templates
Price: $49 - one-time fee. WordPress theme.
Recommended for: WordPress users who work with a distinctive and creative touch.Next up we have Cubez. This portfolio template is aimed at creative agencies and freelancers in particular. It is a fully responsive and Retina ready template that has a built-in Visual Composer.
Its Visual Composer makes page building with WordPress fast and easy.
It has a user-friendly drag-and-drop editor and features with multiple design elements.
Users can also gain control over spacing, borders, backgrounds, parallax effects and more.
There are 3 portfolio website templates to choose from with Cubez: Brick Wall, Showcase Slider, and Zipper Squares.
Though this is far fewer than Quadra and Jevelin, thanks to the Visual Composer, users of Cubez won't feel hard done by. Here's the overview of the aesthetic Cubez aims at:
And the impressive features don't stop there either:
- Users can expect a fully responsive design that is Retina ready;
- Cubez is SEO optimized to increase your website's traffic;
- Users have the option to use animated page transitions;
Cubez costs $49.00, which includes 6 months 5-star support from ClaPat!
- Visual Composer plugin included
- Drag-and-drop editor and responsive to all devices
- Create a fully customizable website
- Fewer portfolio templates
Price: $59 - one-time fee. WordPress theme.
Recommended for: users who want a modern and trendy WordPress portfolio template.
I've had the pleasure of reviewing Pofo before, and it stood out then as being one of the finest modern portfolio templates on WordPress.
If you enjoy letting those creative juices flow, then you will really enjoy Pofo.
Pofo has an impressive display of features available - but I'll begin with its design.
It has an intuitive interface that is surprisingly simple to use despite its number of options.
Pofu includes the Visual Composer plugin to design your website, coupled with a drag-and-drop editor for minimum fuss. With this plugin, you can just have fun building a website and not worry about coding.
Looking at the template demos - there are some very modern design choices
When it comes to choosing the layout and design of your portfolio, this is where Pofo really shines. You can see why with some of the features listed below:
With this plugin, you can just have fun building a website and not worry about coding.
- Users can choose from parallax or video backgrounds;
- Choose from creative boxed and fullwidth multi-column portfolio layouts;
- The WordPress Customizer has approximately 1000 options to customize;
- Pofo is WooCommerce ready meaning users have the option to build an online shop;
- Users can create slideshows with Revolution Slider plugin;
Blogging can be a good way to get your portfolio noticed, so it is well worth making the most out of Pofo's excellent blogging features too. It is also worth noting that for users who are new to WordPress that Pofo provides video tutorials and online documentation to get you started.
Pofo is priced at $59.00 and includes 6 months support from Themezaa.
- One of the finest modern portfolio templates
- Simple drag-and-drop editor and WordPress Customization
- Optimized for SEO
- Lifetime free updates
- At the pricier end of portfolio templates
Portfolio Website Templates - Who Is The Number One?
Out of the 5 portfolio website templates that I had the chance to review, both Quadra and Pofo impressed me the most.
Saying that I am impressed by them all - and have decided to outline each of their strengths below:
- Jevelin is best suited to freelancers or individuals who want an impressive visual page builder.
- Mono would make a good choice for creatives who want an easily customizable HTML portfolio website for just $15.00!
- Quadra is suited to web developers in particular who want to build a great site from over 100 portfolio layouts
- Cubez would suit WordPress users who want a responsive portfolio and a drag-and-drop editor
- Pofo is best suited to users who want a modern portfolio with plenty of customization options
To summarise, if you are looking to get your portfolio off the ground cheaply and quickly, you suit find something that's suits you perfectly between these 5 options right here.
Overall, a lot is decided in terms of which demos you liked the most. Make sure to have a look at all of the themes here - some portfolio website templates may be just what you're looking for.
So, after testing dozens of templates, I came to the conclusion that these are the top 5 portfolio templates. However, if you think I missed any, please feel free to share them in the comments below!